My Mom just told Hunter to eat a banana because it was good for his prostitution.
I don't know
And she just told me I'd live to regret it if I posted her slip up...she's poking me in the ribs but I just can't stop. The world needs to know
Sunday, August 17, 2008
My Mom just told Hunter to eat a banana because it was good for his prostitution.
Posted by Erin at 9:37 PM
In reference to my previous post...I knew I had more to say:
11. Cold casserole is my mana from Heaven (mana when mana was good and saving lives, not mana when they were tired of it and missing their leeks)...I would pretty much choose one of my Mom's casseroles over any other meal on the planet...so when I decided to take dinner (and the aforementioned ridiculous amount of cookies) to someone from church I knew it had to be a casserole...and I made extra for us for dinner. The leftovers have been on the counter and I keep going back for a fork full of the cold deliciousness. I love casserole.
12. My kids are doing those adorable honest little kid prayers...the other day before breakfast Hunt said, "Dear Jesus, thank you for my Mommy, thank you for my TV, thank you for my sister's cell phones, thank you for my food, Amen." Today before lunch CC said, "Thank you for my Grandpa, thank you for my church, Amen." It's one of those things I've been looking forward to them doing and it just makes me smile every time.
13. Jamaica grows the fastest people ever. They're not human. They're machines. It's amazing
14. Whilst cheering for the Olympics Hunt always goes for "The Americas" first then he likes China because that's where "come fu" is from...he's all about "come fu" ever since he saw "come fu panda". He also likes Germany because we have some friends who live there...and France because he felt bad when America pulled out the win in the men's swimming relay.
Ok, I think that's finally it.
Goodnight my peeps.
Posted by Erin at 9:04 PM
Again, I have too much to say and my pretty little head can't organize it well...therefore I present you the following blog, in list format:
1. I just got done making a ridiculous amount of cookies to take to someone from church (and also for my Dad...if anyone thinks that Man can't live off sugar alone, they have yet to meet my Dad) and Cierra is just not ok with the fact that I'm not letting her eat anymore...she's been trying every excuse in the book. She just told me that she needs to eat a cookie because it looks like it's going to fall off the counter. I gave her the cookie.
2. If I had to write a back to school report it would be entitled, "What The Summer Olympics Mean to Me". I am a massive Summer Olympics junkie. I mean MASSIVE. My TV hasn't left NBC since 8/8/08. I cry everytime an American wins. Some of my favs have been Nastia Liukin and her Daddy at the women's all around, Shalane Flannagan and her Mommy when she placed third in the 10,000 meter race and of course Momma Phelps everytime her son won....must be something about the parents showing so much emotion for their kids, it gets to me on the Mom level.
3. China needs to change the name of their "women's" gymnastics team to "Huggy Bear Daycare and Gymnastics Squad"...I'm pretty sure the average age of girls competing for China is nine.
4. Last night Kevin called to tell me that "Dara Torres is a Spartan Woman"...that is the highest complement he can give a person. (The movie 300 has a special place in Kevin's heart. He had to buy a new Blue Ray copy for Montana).
5. Did yall watch our men win Bronze at the gymnastics team finals? How amazing was that? And with two alternates?!?! And how bad did we feel for the third alternate who didn't get to compete? Did yall see him crying in the stands????????? He sooooo should have gotten a medal too. Just because.
6. My boy took me on a date the other night....we went to eat mexi food, he wanted a restaurant where you could eat chips while you waited...AND he picked up the tab. After dinner we rented Drillbit Taylor. It's FUNNY. Hunter told me that was the best night of his life. I'll let you pause to wipe the tears away...
7. If it's in any way possible, I think my baby is teething already. Ryland ALWAYS has her hand in her mouth and she drools like a mad woman. Right now my Mom is carrying her around and she's gnawing on her own forearm...my baby will chew on absolutely anything, she also has a fondness for her big brother's finger. I felt around in her mouth for any teeth popping through but haven't found any yet...but still, if yall saw her you'd think she was teething too. I promise.
8. Sophia introduced me to a fitness bootcamp last week. There aren't words to explain the amount of pain my body has been in since we started on Monday. My fat rolls are sore. I'm beyond determined to lose this baby weight faster than I lost it with Hunt...so far it's still slow going, but this class just has to help. Pain like that better come with a side of six pack abs.
9. I also tried running one night last week. I have this crazy notion that I'm still an athlete so I push my body too hard and end up hurting myself...I wonder if my bum knee will get me out of some running tomorrow night at boot camp. I know it won't, but a girl can dream.
10. Ok, so I don't have a number ten and I had a lot less to say than I thought...but here's a little teaser. When I upload some pictures my next blog is going to be titled, "Hunter and Green Stuff"...I know, I know, yall are on the edges of your seats.
Posted by Erin at 7:50 PM
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
He spells his name all confusing, but Edourdo provided us with some good rain yesterday...
So we went to my Mom's, they closed the court houses down town so she was off work.
"The Instigator" aka, my brother, Trevor
My free spirited girl had to lose the umbrella, it was crampin' her style
She tried swimming in the puddle
Hunt staged a battle with his army men...they escaped in a rather large canoe
Hunt thought about losing the umbrella, but he's my practical one
Trevor was shaking water down from the trees onto my boy
All the while Ryland was inside being entertained by Grandpa
Here she's all, "Grandpa, that joke is soooo old"
So is this her sympathy laugh?
Back outside Trevor and the kids are building a dam in front of the driveway
Cierra, soaking wet at the end of it all
Later in the day CC and I made cake balls (attempting to give Hunter 5 min of peace where he didn't have his little sister following his every move)
Mixing the batter
What happens when you hand CC the empty mixing bowl?
Well this, of course...and I have no idea what's up with her pose in this one
Here Hunter is showing us what "a cowboy would look like if he was mending fences in the summer or something"
And that's what we did during the big scary tropical storm :)
Posted by Erin at 8:09 PM
Monday, August 4, 2008
first of all, "because" is one of my hardest words to spell...so is "business"...maybe it's the "u"???
Anyways, I have a ridiculous attachment to coffee...I refuse to call it an addiction because that makes it sound so ugly and tawdry, and there is nothing ugly about the way I feel for my dear coffee. Tawdry, maybe...but ugly, never.
At Bible Study last week we talked about the difference in just wanting something and CRAVING something...well it's safe to say that I CRAVE coffee...crave as in it creates this all-encompassing obsession and I can't think about anything else until I get coffee.
I blame it on Perky's...the drive-thru coffee and espresso shop Kevin and I briefly opened last summer (I should tell yall about it one day, it was an experience full of life lessons). I was in charge of running our shop, so my non-morning-person self had to be that friendly *awake* "Perky Girl" who's properly making your over priced hard to pronounce coffee drinks at 5:30 in the morning, six days a week. This required me to consume 8-10 shots of espresso on a daily basis. To put that in perspective, a Starbucks drink has 1-2 shots, depending on the size.
It's safe to say that such a ridiculous amount of caffeine has left it's mark on me...a mark that has gotten very expensive since I have to BUY my coffee now (instead of just drinking away our inventory...hmmm, maybe that was where our profits disappeared to).
Since I HAVE to cut back my spending I decided to break out the good ol' coffee pot and I've replaced my lattes with regular coffee...but let's not forget that I'm part evil-genius, so instead of milk I use Vanilla Silk (soy milk) and add cinnamon to the whole beans before I grind them up...this makes for a happy medium between boring coffee and a $5 drink from Starbucks. AND the genius part of it all is that I make a huge pot every morning so I have left over coffee to make into the DELICIOUS iced coffee that I'm drinking right now...which was the idea behind this post.
I know it's not life changing, but I thought I'd share...and I because I know yall care about what's on my mind at random times, I really posted this for all of yall.
Posted by Erin at 3:14 PM
Bethany is doing a giveaway on her site...check it out ...it's for BOWS...from Bella Bowtique (cute name huh?). Never thought I'd get excited about bows but I have two girls now, so bows are the name of the game!
Posted by Erin at 2:13 PM
Saturday, August 2, 2008
So Cierra as morphed into a twenty-something virtually over night.
If I was a friend of mine, or someone not directly responsible for raising her to be a respectful young lady, I would be cracking up at the things she's come up with in the last few days....but since I'm her Mommy and her wacky-ness reflects right back onto me (especially since I'm with her 24-7), I'm beginning to worry. Some of her new behaviors I see in me, but for the most part, I honestly have no idea where she's coming up with this stuff.
The other day I told her to do something (I don't remember, pick something up, put something down whatever...I was giving her instructions) and she said, "You're not the boss of me..." with that little head waggle thing divas do. I mean I know my girl has some diva in her (NO clue where she got that from, haha) but this was like full on you can't tell me what to do attitude...to which I responded (with my best diva head waggle), "you bet your bootie I'm the boss of you" "no you not Mommy, nobody the boss of anybody"...sigh.
The other night CC hung out with Grandma for a few hours so I could recover from the worst headache in the history of headaches. When my Mom brought her home I asked her if she was a good girl or if she acted ugly at Grandma's house. She cocks her head to the side, shrugs one shoulder and tells me, "Ya, I was a teeny bit ugly"...um, so thank you for the honesty?
Cierra refuses to go out in public wearing anything other than her purple Barbie high heels...they have feathers & sparkelies on them...so I kinda can't blame her. She has the walk down too. CC's flip flop, excuse me, I mean "frip frop" walk is that of a normal 3-1/2 year old...she walks like a kid. You throw a set of heels on that girl and the hips get workin too. A while ago we were in a Kinkos and she had the heels on (I think these were some pink ones with sequins) and she was doing the hip shake on her way out the door, the guy working behind the counter said "oh no she didn't!" Yes, yes...I'm afraid she did.
CC is VERY particular about the cup in which she will drink her milk or juice. She'll stand at the counter and point to the cup she wants. I've tried flexing my Mommy muscle and forcing her to just drink the milk out of the cup I give her...but that always ends up in a battle of the wills, and frankly, hers are stronger than mine. Up until it met it's demise on my wood floor yesterday, her cup of preference was a wine glass. My girl absolutely refused to drink out of anything other than a wine glass. Seriously, no clue where she comes up with this stuff. I have this perfect mental image of her standing there in Tinkerbell panties, a shirt that says Daddy's Super Star, purple Barbie heels, drinking milk out of a wine glass and wearing my ginormous sunglasses.
She also LOVES to play pretend. She'll sit down next to me and say, "Sooooo, how was you work? My kids drive me CRAZIES, they hollering and fight, I put them in tie OUT. I work on the puter in my office. You work on the puter?" all the while she's doing the hand gestures and her voice has all the proper inflection. So we get into these long conversations about our day and how crazy our kids act. She'll pause briefly to talk to the imaginary kids next to her, she'll laugh at them, reprimand them, tell them, "oh you good guuuuuuuuuuurl, you sit up so good....my baby learning how to sit. She a BIG girl". It's like she's sitting at a coffee shop with her girl friend. I love indulging this part of her personality.
Part of her playing pretend is that she's my friend, Michelle. She's always called Michelle "My-shelf" so now she just refers to herself as "Shelf". Thankfully she usually gives me a heads up if she's Shelf or if she's Cierra...because if you call her Cierra when she's CLEARLY being Shelf, you'll never hear the end of it.
Oh, and if she gets mad about something and you try to make her happy...she just says, "NO, I mad now!" So my Mom was telling her that it's ok to get mad sometimes but you have to be mad for a reason. Now it's, "I mad for a reason!" I've tried asking her what that reason is, but she just repeats, "I mad for a REASON I said" apparently we need to explain what "reason" means.
All in all the girl's just pure entertainment. She can make you want to pull your hair out at times, but she's just a blast! Gotta love my girl!!!!!!
Posted by Erin at 10:08 PM
Friday, August 1, 2008
Yesterday I was at Walmart (shudder...I loathe Walmart) picking up some formula for Ry and I decided I'd go ahead and buy some rice cereal. I figure my pedi will give us the go ahead at her 4 month check up so why not just buy some now, right? Wrong.
It didn't sit in my pantry for 48 hours before I decided I'd just TRY to feed her some. I mean, I have the bowls and spoons...I even have the tray for her Bumbo chair. Why not just see how she does!?!?!?!
Well, why don't yall take a look at the following pictures and let me know how you think it went:
So in summation, is Ryland ready for rice cereal? That's a big no. "Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full" (if yall know what I'm talking about here that pretty much makes you awesome)
Posted by Erin at 8:42 PM