Monday, August 4, 2008

because yall care

first of all, "because" is one of my hardest words to spell...so is "business"...maybe it's the "u"???



Anyways, I have a ridiculous attachment to coffee...I refuse to call it an addiction because that makes it sound so ugly and tawdry, and there is nothing ugly about the way I feel for my dear coffee. Tawdry, maybe...but ugly, never.

At Bible Study last week we talked about the difference in just wanting something and CRAVING something...well it's safe to say that I CRAVE coffee...crave as in it creates this all-encompassing obsession and I can't think about anything else until I get coffee.

I blame it on Perky's...the drive-thru coffee and espresso shop Kevin and I briefly opened last summer (I should tell yall about it one day, it was an experience full of life lessons). I was in charge of running our shop, so my non-morning-person self had to be that friendly *awake* "Perky Girl" who's properly making your over priced hard to pronounce coffee drinks at 5:30 in the morning, six days a week. This required me to consume 8-10 shots of espresso on a daily basis. To put that in perspective, a Starbucks drink has 1-2 shots, depending on the size.

It's safe to say that such a ridiculous amount of caffeine has left it's mark on me...a mark that has gotten very expensive since I have to BUY my coffee now (instead of just drinking away our inventory...hmmm, maybe that was where our profits disappeared to).

Since I HAVE to cut back my spending I decided to break out the good ol' coffee pot and I've replaced my lattes with regular coffee...but let's not forget that I'm part evil-genius, so instead of milk I use Vanilla Silk (soy milk) and add cinnamon to the whole beans before I grind them up...this makes for a happy medium between boring coffee and a $5 drink from Starbucks. AND the genius part of it all is that I make a huge pot every morning so I have left over coffee to make into the DELICIOUS iced coffee that I'm drinking right now...which was the idea behind this post.

I know it's not life changing, but I thought I'd share...and I because I know yall care about what's on my mind at random times, I really posted this for all of yall.

You're welcome.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Even though I am not a coffee drinker, I do care! LOVE your idea of cinnamon before grinding the beans. I'll have to surprise husband with that one morning. :)

Linda Vujnov said...

We are coffee soul mates Erin! I put the morning coffee in an insulated thermos so at 3:00 p.m. when I need a cup, it is still hot and ready to drink. I xoxo coffee, and the fact that you xoxo it too!

CeCe said...

Okay.. so after reading this I decided that I too have power to make iced coffee...OMG...I didn't sleep a wink that night but I did love it! For some reason I thought I hade to pay a international chain of coffee crazies for a good iced coffee :) Thanks for bringing me into the light!

Keri said...

Hmmm I'm gonna have to try your Vanilla Silk idea!! I bet it's less calories than Coffee Mate! Thanks for the tips! I like the cinnamon idea, too!