Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday...29 days

I think today makes it 29 days and counting right? I'm bad at math.

Anywho, I've had a ROUGH week at work, my "other half" here (we share the same job duties) is out recovering from some pretty intense surgery and won't be back until after I leave for the baby so I'm keeping VERY busy handling both of our work loads...and to put it nicely, my boss is a bit of a ____ I'm struggling to find the right word to put there, he's intense, we'll leave it at that. I'm determined to not dwell on the negative, I bring home a much needed pay check every week so it could be worse. With that being said, the first thing I do every morning is pray for a good attitude, thank the Lord for providing for my family, ask for the ability to stay focused during the day and not let my mind linger on the negative...etc.

Well today, this week, it's just not working...I need something stronger. Maybe it's the cold my kids were so kind to share with me, maybe it's the realization that my days of having numerous Mexican food establishments at my disposal are numbered, maybe it's the moon...I don't know, but I'm going to write down my thankful prayer in list format for easier access so I can refer back to it as many times today as needed. Tomorrow I WILL have a better attitude...I'm going to make sure of it.

Dear Cheesus (that's what my kids say and it makes me smile, I need the smile),

  • Thank you for allowing me to still be able to breath out of my mouth since no air is being passed through my nasal cavaties at this point.
  • Thank you for giving man the ability to develop Burts Bees, the greatest chapstick on the planet, I mean in the galaxy. The yellow packaging makes me happy and since my lips have the texture of sand paper from breathing only out of my mouth for four days...I've gotten to spend a lot of quality time with it's cheerfull yellow wrapper.
  • Thank you for jury duty and for selecting my boss to serve this morning. You knew when I was at my breaking point and you provided me with a much needed respit (did I use that word correctly?).
  • Thank you for making Cierra a morning person. She is the happiest person you've ever met at 6:45 am and her "gooooood mornin Mommy" is the perfect antecdote to my grumpiness. I rest my case:

  • Thank you for velveeta. I'm not entirely sure it's cheese but I love it and for that, I thank you.
  • Thank you for Al Gore. The world wide web is a wonderful tool. My days would be unbearable without it. You know this from the few months I worked at TCM Forklifts (a company who still doesn't believe in the internet or communicating via e-mail). Those tragic weeks were a very dark time for me and I thank you for giving me that opportunity to appreciate Mr. Gore's "invention" in all of its glory.
  • Thank you for allowing my baby to continue on cooking in my belly...and this is a big one. The last month of pregnancy is an uncomfortable time, to put it mildly, but I would be 9,000 times more uncomfortable watching my baby grow in the NICU because she was born too early. On that same note, thank you for all of the miracles you've shown us through Coy and his continued growth and development.
  • Thank you for the three hours of sleep I get every night. I know you're preparing my body for life with a newborn...thank you for easing a sister into it.
  • Thank you for girl scouts...thank you especially for the particular girl scout who decided that selling cookies was a good idea. Thank you for the Thank Yous and Lemonades that live in my bottom drawer here at work.
  • Thank you for paychecks...especially the one I'm about to receive that makes this stressful week worth it.

Man, I feel better already!!!!!! My mind is overflowing of things I am thankful for, James Coney Island, Hawaiian Punch Jelly Beans, Miley Cyrus' song that's stuck in my head (I love her), the turqouise ring my parents gave me that makes me happy when I look at it, my new blogging / e-mail friend who just sent me a message thus giving me something to do other than work for five more minutes. See, nothing to be negative about here!!!!!!

Alright, back to work and now begins the second half of my day...which will be a positive one! Thank you for allowing me to indulge :)

E

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

cErin, you are so amazingly positive...more so than you think. I know that the last month is unbearably hard, especially with Kevin gone and two little ones. You are doing a great job and will be rewarded will a sweet little baby girl very soon. Keep up the positive attitude, without you even knowing it, you are leaving a great impression on your kids.

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! You wrote about me (I think!) I havent check your blog since that first email and Im playing catch up right now. You are such a great writer. Im so glad we "met" and I always look forward to habing an email from you.