Monday, December 1, 2008

Catching up

I'm in one of my blog funks...I just can't seem to get motivated to post anything. I just now caught up on reading some of my favs but for the most part I've been a little anti-blogworld for a while now.

Anywho...I have been lucky enough to spend the last week in Houston with my family and the Hunt. Good Lord that boy turned into a KID! Plus he's six now!!!!!!!!!! I was going to post one of those long "Dear Hunter on your six year birthday" letters, but it makes a Mother sad not to spend his birthday with her baby, so I was a little weepy...plus his birthday occurred during my blog funk.

Since he's been living with his Dad my boy's preferences have gone from cartoons to ESPN. On Sunday he told me that we had to hurry home from church because NFL Football was coming on at 11:00! And watching a game with him is nuts...he really understands everything that's going on and he gets so into it! When he's not watching ESPN he's in the backyard playing football or practicing his golf swing. All boy I tell ya!

Oh, and spending time back in Houston has me constantly comparing life here to life in Montana. Soooooo different yall.

Texas definitely wins in the food category. Just this morning I realized that I'm leaving in two days and I still have so much left to eat. So I followed up my pancake breakfast with some left over Chinese food. I'll probably squeeze a turkey sammy and some left over fajitas in between now and dinner. I'm going to attempt to gain back all 15 pounds I lost in Montana in the next two days. If the last week is any indication, I'll probably hit my goal.

The other day my Mom and I ate mexi for lunch and a single tear trickled down my cheek when the waiter brought out the queso.

I wish I was kidding.

Montana sooooooo wins for weather though. I forgot how HUMID it is here. And it's Thanksgiving...it shant be 80 degrees out! In Feb I may decide that Houston wins back the weather category as I'm trucking through the snow. I'll keep you posted...well as long as I'm not in another funk.

Texas wins in the socializing category. It's been soooooo awesome to see some friends while I've been here. I didn't get to see everyone, and that makes me a little sad...but after having zero social interaction for 2-1/2 months, it's been good for my soul to chat with old friends! Maybe I should meet some people in Montana. Novel idea.

I've also taken to calling Montana "MontanYA" while I've been home. Not real sure why.

Montana also takes the news category. I'm so tired of hearing about someone getting shot. Or the person who was walking down Hwy 6 the other night (why?) and was hit by not one, but TWO cars...neither of which stopped. Ugh. There are too many people here, it just breeds madness.

Speaking of madness. I've never been much of a fan of the Black Friday shopping, fighting with some crazy caffeine binged Mom in a track suit over a game for Hunter's Wii is not worth the $5 I'd save...and after hearing about the seasonal employee who was trampled to death at the Wal Mart in NY...and the men who got into a gun fight at a Toys R Us (as my pastor said on Sunday, who brings a gun to Toys R Us????????????) I've decided that I will NEVER feed into that hype ever again. I can promise you this. You will never see me in a store on Black Friday. Especially since the only places I would go still have sales going on as we speak.

That got my all hot and bothered. I better soothe my soul with some pumpkin pie. Then my Dad and I are off to do a little shopping!

I have so many great pictures I need to post too...and lots of other kid related updates. So maybe I'll really break this funk with two posts in one day!

Viva la mexican food!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

SO GLAD you're out of your funk. I have another blog by your same title on my feed reader and I always get sad when it doesn't end up being you. *Single tear* I'm thrilled that your trip home has been good. Sorry about the stupid 80 degree Thanksgiving. We are normally in Jackson Hole, so it was hard for me to take. Girl, don't worry about the 15 lbs cause you know you will lose it as soon as you get back to Montanya with its lack of everything yummy to eat. (Way to go on that, btw.) Love you!

Heather said...

LOVE hearing about your trip and the comparisons....and definitely agree with you about the Mexican food! You know I love me some good queso! (They don't even call it queso in Arkansas, for heaven's sake!)
I laughed hearing about Hunt and the football game! They grow up TOO fast!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad that I missed you while you were here, we need a rain check, and so do the boys. Plus I bet when you get back the girls could play together too!!!

Lyndsay Almeida said...

we want pictures-we want pictures!!

Keri said...

I've been in a funk too!

And now I'm overwhelmed by all the catching up I have to do.

It's a vicious cycle!